Friday, April 22, 2011

Art


                                         ART

For thousands of years humans all over the world have been expressing themselves artistically and using all genres, but all of them are creative. Even cave dwellers managed to draw on the walls of caves. There are so many genres of art: drawing, sewing, architecture, music, dancing, cooking, photography and that’s just to name of few. Some forms of art seem to be more popular and visible than others unless you follow a particular form of art then it is everywhere and you know where to find it.
I think one of the most important things about art is expressing yourself and exploring your own style. Picasso’s style was to use different abstract shapes to make buildings, people, animals etc. He also went through periods of using only one color in his art. Being yourself in your art is important because it adds a personal touch, it is unique. It seems to me that many of the famous artists, if you study them carefully, all went through a stage when they were happy, depressed, angry or just really emotional. The different emotions appear in their art as darker colors sad scenarios and it was very obvious that the artist was feeling a certain way or experiencing something in their life and it came out in the art
I’ve been drawing and painting for seven years, but mainly drawing. When I draw it makes me so happy because I feel like I’m doing something I’m good at but also because I am expressing something from inside myself. My style is very sketchy using smaller lines to make bigger lines. My favorite things to draw are cartoon characters, video game characters and nature. My favorite things to paint are landscapes but since drawing is my primary art skill I don’t paint often although I am currently in a drawing and painting class this semester and look forward to painting. When I grow up I hope to have a career in some area of art, whether it be digital or traditional there are so many avenues to explore.
                Over all the things I have talked about today the absolute most important thing any artist could tell another artist is that it only matters what you think about your art. Your art is about you, your feelings, your way of expression and coping, not everyone will understand it that shouldn’t be why you are an artist. If you get to a point where you show your art in a gallery you will be criticized and applauded. The criticism should not stop you from expressing and creating your art.
               

6 comments:

  1. I like what you have here "painter," but I'd like to see you take advantage of the multimedia opportunities of your blog, especially when discussing a visual art. Illustrate by inserting pictures - maybe the cave paintings, the Picasso, some landscapes and some of your own work!

    Also, watch the run-on sentences :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! didn't leave me bored :) the only thing i would like is pictures as mrs. holly said. because we all know were 5 years old at heart and like pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use pictures. You mentioned Picasso, but not any other famous artist. Bring in another artist and compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Pictures!! And it seems you could put a little more 'you' into the blog, maybe I'm crazy but that's just what I think. I like how you did a little bit of 'art through the ages' kind of thing, it was interesting. By the way, I'm a little insane to day, don't listen to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Painter,
    I like what you've started here. If I were you, I would build on to each of those paragraphs. You chose a big subject, Art. It's hard to explain in detail all these things without a trillion pages with such a big subject. You need more pictures. I think that you should have inserted pictures of Picasso's art. If I were you, I would have made an extra paragraph about some well known famous artists and added pictures of their art.
    Charlotte :)
    (by the way, come check out my blog at pinkribboneyes.blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I pretty much agree with everything the other commenters have said. I can't draw worth a darn, but if I could, I'm sure I would have found this post quite motivational.

    ReplyDelete